Each year the travel industry gathers in Southern California for the Wave Awards to honor the worlds top cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and travel destinations. The Trendsetter Awards are the highlight of the WAVE Awards that put both agents and their top-notch supplier partners in the spotlight to acknowledge the outstanding services they provide.
Harr Travel is incredibly proud to announce that our founder and chief visionary Danny Genung has been selected as one of 2 finalists for the 2017 Group Trendsetter Award. Over the last dozen years Danny has led travelers to all parts of the world on both land and sea. Harr Travel is incredibly excited for the nomination as it is the culmination of Danny’s vision for a travel agency that he can be proud of.
Top executives from the travel industry such as Viking River Cruises, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, AmaWaterways, Celebrity Cruises, Globus Family of Brands and more will be attending this black-tie awards event.
The event is being hosted by the Ritz Carlton in Marina del Ray. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time at a cost of $795 per person. Please contact Harr Travel if you plan on joining Danny on his memorable night.
“I am excited and honored to be chosen as a finalist for such a prestigious award. Being among such giants in the travel industry is always humbling. I am proud of everything Harr Travel has accomplished and look forward to many more years of great adventures to come.”
Quick Facts About Danny
- Youngest CLIA Master Cruise Counselor ever
- MCC since 2003 at the age of 20
- Lead over 1600 travelers across the world
- Stepped foot in over 100 countries
- Been to Paris over 25 times
- Been to Rome over 30 times
- Total time traveling Europe: Over 600 calendar days
- Inspected over 200 cruise ships and 1000 hotels
- Most miles walked while leading a student group: 18 miles in Italy 2015
- Walked more than the length of the Sahara Dessert while leading tours
- Sailed on 90+ cruises
- Cruised for over 400 days at sea
- 11 inaugural sailings
- Diamond Plus with Royal Caribbean family of ships, Elite status with Princess Cruises
- Cruised on every ocean in the world
- Cruised on every classic European river itinerary (Rhine, Danube, Moselle, Main), almost all major American river itineraries (Mississippi, Ohio, Colombia, Tennessee, Willamette)
- Explored Mount Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, Macchu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Great Wall