Panama Canal 2018
A Harr Travel Signature Journey
Coach and Danny Genung Welcome You!
This January you are invited to join Danny and Randy Genung on an expertly guided 15-day journey through the Panama Canal from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale with Holland America. Enjoy this winter voyage through the tropics and experience the spectacular entertainment, delectable food and world class service that Holland America provides. Combine that with the services of your own concierge traveling with you, supplemental lectures and classes, 5 handpicked, included, private excursions, and you have a winning combination. We encourage you to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride, while we handle the details.
Your Panama Canal transit takes you through a total of 12 locks. During your journey from the Pacific Ocean to Gatún Lake, your cruise ship will rise through the locks of Miraflores and Pedro Miguel. Near the town of Gatún, you’ll feel her descend to the Atlantic. As you make your eight-hour transit, an onboard expert will guide you through the Canal’s tumultuous history, ingenious design and profound effect on geopolitics and the world economy.
Inclusions – All Part of Package Price
- Harr Travel Cruise Concierge Service
- Signature Journey inclusions
- $100 On Board Credit Per Person
- 4 included private excursions
- Huatalco Cooking Class, Colonial Antigua and Jade Factory, Rainforest Walk with Aerial Tram, Cartagena and Fortress.
- 2 specialty dining experiences on board
- Daily educational enrichment activities
- All Cruise Gratuities
- Professional photography provided by Harr Travel staff.
Inclusive Package Starting At $3599
Itinerary for Holland America Cruise
|Jan-20||San Diego, California, United States||--||4:00PM|
|Jan-23||Puerto Vallarta, Mexico||7:00AM||3:00PM|
|Included Excursion: Huatalco Cooking Class|
|Jan-26||Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala||10:00AM||6:00PM|
|Included Excursion: Colonial Antigua and Jade Factory|
|Jan-28||Puerto Caldera (Puntarenas), Costa Rica||8:00AM||6:00PM|
|Included Excursion: Rainforest Walk with Aerial Tram|
|Jan-30||Enter Panama Canal Balboa||5:00AM||--|
|Included Excursion: Cruising Panama Canal||--||7:00PM|
|Included Excursion: Cartagena and Fortess|
|Feb-02||Georgetown, Cayman Islands||8:00AM||5:00PM|
|Feb-04||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US||7:00AM|
Best Entertainment at Sea Onboard Holland America’s Westerdam
Danny and Randy cruised on the Westerdam this past December to scout for this trip. Both were blown away with the entertainment onboard and said that the high quality was their biggest surprise. Holland America has recently doubled down on their live entertainment and have added several music venues to each of their ships. Holland America has partnered with the original BB Kings Blues Club in Memphis to bring 8-12 incredible singers and musicians on every sailing. BB Kings onboard the Westerdam was hopping every night rocking music from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. In addition, the Westerdam now has a new Billboard Music piano club where they play the top 50 songs from the past 50 years, as well as the new Lincoln Center Stage where top musicians play chamber and classic music. All of this is in addition to the full stage production shows that Holland America is well known for and musical acts around the ship.
Holland also provides a robust educational program that will be supplemented by a series of lectures and activities from Harr Travel onboard. Holland America has recently partnered with BBC Earth and will provide enrichment and entertainment throughout your voyage. They partnered with America’s Test Kitchen on PBS to offer a culinary arts center onboard where you can participate in cooking demonstrations and tastings. Holland has also partnered with Microsoft to offer digital workshops on learning to use your computer, phone or other technology. With all of this education onboard, you can’t miss.
Experience the New Westerdam
A fun fact: In 2007 Holland America cut the Westerdam in half and added a 130-foot section to her and added some or our favorite amenities.
Cruise ships need renovations and refurbishment about every two years. While the crew is always continuously cleaning, painting, sanding and varnishing, repairing and updating items around the ship, it is the big drydock renovations where the most happened. The Westerdam is going in for its second biggest facelift to date, and will come out refreshed and updated with Holland America’s best and most successful venues. The updates that we are excited about are the renovation of the Culinary Arts and BB Kings, the addition of Billboard Onboard and the new Lincoln Center Stage. In addition the rest of the public spaces, furniture and carpeting will get a full refresh. You will be cruising on an almost new ship!
- Westerdam Renovation – April 2017
- New popular musical venues being added: Lincoln Center Stage, Billboard Onboard, BB Kings Bar, Gallery Bar and more!
- Pinnacle Grill, the popular specialty dining option, will undergo a makeover.
- Full refresh of all the aspects Holland America is beloved for.
Gourmet Culinary Experience
Holland America takes their food seriously. They have consistently been ranked at the top of their class, but they have recently embarked on a massive upgrade in dining throughout their fleet. They hired 5 extraordinary master chefs to refresh and revamp their menus and offerings. With the collective experience, passion and creativity of five world-class celebrity chefs, the Holland America Line Culinary Council® brings global influence and expertise to dining venues across the fleet. The awards have started to flood in and dining has never been better onboard Holland America. We invite you to Savor the Journey.
- The Pinnacle Grill – Refined and luxurious, romantic and intimate, the Pinnacle Grill represents the pinnacle of exceptional cruise dining.
- Le Cirque – Experience the illustrious Le Cirque restaurant for at least one night per voyage. Master Chef Rudi Sodamin worked with Le Cirque’s Executive Chef Craig Hopson to re-create the legendary eatery’s whimsical ambiance and award-winning cruise dining experience on board
- Canaletto Restaurant – “Spartire” is the Italian word for sharing; Canaletto Restaurant’s new menu is designed around this authentic Italian experience and offers a variety of dishes to enjoy and share with family and friends
- 24-Hour In-Room Dining – Complimentary In-Room Dining is a phone call away. Sleep in and order breakfast delivered to your stateroom. Have an early dinner on your verandah before an evening shore excursion. Or ring for a salad, sandwich or entrée any time “just because.”
Signature Journeys by Harr Travel
On a Harr Travel Signature Journey, every detail is handled for you from your first inquiry until you return home. We not only assist with planning and preparation, but we travel with you to handle logistics and education onboard. This journey will be escorted by Master Cruise Counselor Danny Genung, CEO of Harr Travel. Every detail of this trip will be taken care of to ensure a seamless journey. This is Danny’s 6th year leading Signature Journeys cruises and he has led over 1,800 fellow adventurers across six continents, visited over 100 countries and sailed on more than 90 cruises. Danny has a Master’s Degree in history and loves to share historical insights and cultural anecdotes. This itinerary combines Danny’s loves of history, culture and food, with the ease and enjoyability of a premium cruise.
- Concierge service from first call until you return home.
- This cruise will be lead by Danny Genung who will be the cruise concierge escort and will take care of all your needs during the cruise.
- Trip customization available to make this trip perfect.
- A staff with decades of combined experience in the travel industry to assist you every step of the way.
- Every detail take care of so you can just enjoy your trip!